How to Join
This Tech Talk is free and open to everyone. Register on Eventbrite here to receive a link to join on Thursday, October 22, 2020, 11:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m. ET.
About the Talk
A panel discussion featuring stories from developer advocates who took different paths along their open source journeys. Discover how developers and organizations can balance open source work with commercial work – and generate income for both yourself and your company.
- Paul Everitt, who took the first open source application server through $14 million of funding, and has bootstrapped both the Python Software Foundation and the Plone Foundation;
- Phil Nash, author of Catch2, the 2nd most popular C++ test framework; and
- Trisha Gee, Java Champion, published author, and expert in Java high performance systems. Trisha has developed Java applications for both for-profit and non-profit organizations of all sizes, and dabbles with open source development.
This panel is moderated by Helen Scott, who has over 20 years’ experience in the software industry, and recently started contributing to open source.
What You’ll Learn
- Why, how, and when to start contributing to open source
- Balancing open source work and commercial work
- Generating income for both yourself and your company through open source
This Talk is Designed For
- Software developers
- Anyone interested in contributing to open source
About the Presenters
To join the live Tech Talk, register here.